Security flaw in Android lock screen

Being an Android enthusiast, I have written several apps. I had written a utility app to fulfil my need for making navigation through out Android OS easier. The app works just like a launcher. To my surprise this app made me unearth a pretty nifty UI design flaw hidden in a very fragile/dangerous place, the lock screen.

Android allows you to make a call to the emergency numbers in case you can't access or get past the lock screen in dire times. However this accessibility is the culprit for the security flaw in the OS.

Messaging app, A game & browser on the lock screen

Using my launcher, I could access the apps, data & other information on the phone. This can turn into pretty treacherous situation if your phone some how lands in the hands of some perpetrator. The good news is the solution for this flaw is pretty easy & it may already get fixed in the next version of Android.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Noir A8: Battery Friendly Jelly Bean Rom

ICS Themed Rom For Noir A2

Exploring Redux in React Native: Building a Test App with Example Code